CBS Health is Now Available at Center for NeuroPotential
- The population is living longer than ever, but cognitive health is often lost in the discussion around physical health. Conditions such as dementia are on the increase, but many healthcare practitioners do not attempt to measure brain health.
- At Center for NeuroPotential, we are committed to cognitive health, which is why we are introducing cognitive performance assessments from CBS Health to measure how your brain is doing over time. Our Neurofeedback training will now include a quick, fun series of tasks that objectively measure your memory, reasoning, verbal ability, and attention—all facets of cognition that are important in your everyday life.
Why Measure Cognition?
- “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it,” goes an old business saying, and it applies to health too. We all have a subjective idea of how our brains are doing—some days we feel “off” or have “brain fog,” while other days we feel like we can take on the world. But how much better are we on the good days? And are lifestyle or health changes making a difference?
- That’s where cognitive assessment comes in. By putting a number to these subjective feelings, we can discover what is causing the good days in order to have more of them.
- Improved cognitive performance has important effects on your everyday life. Whether you’re remembering where you parked your car, learning a new task at work, or trying to figure out your taxes, your brain health affects nearly every aspect of your life.
- Try out a sample test – Click here!
CBS Health: An Engaging and Scientifically-Validated Cognitive Assessment Platform
- Center for NeuroPotential uses the CBS Health cognitive assessment platform to measure brain health. Your healthcare practitioner will offer these measures to assess, monitor, and manage core areas of cognition to ensure that your Neurofeedback training is on the right track.
- The CBS Health tasks have been validated by decades of scientific research, and are proven to measure the most important aspects of cognition. Performance is directly linked with the areas of your brain that are required for each cognitive domain. But more importantly, the tasks are fun, and only take a few minutes to complete! Now, not only will you feel better, but you can objectively track how your brain is responding to Neurofeedback training.
Is This an IQ Test?
- CBS Health assessments are not an IQ test! Think of it more like a blood pressure cuff for your brain. There’s no judgment, and the goal is progress over time, because we acknowledge that brain health changes from day to day. That’s why we believe we can improve or maintain your performance through our Neurofeedback training, and now include cognitive assessments as a standard part of the program.
Are Cognitive Assessments Relevant to Me?
- Cognitive health affects almost every part of your life. If you are visiting Center for NeuroPotential to treat a specific ailment, it likely has a cognitive outcome—even conditions that have traditionally been seen as purely physical, such as pain, have cognitive effects. You’re not thinking well if you’re not feeling well. Discuss cognitive assessments with your healthcare practitioner to see how the brain benefits of Neurofeedback training can help improve your life.
What Do Results Look Like?
- A sample CBS Health report is available here. The report is designed to be easy to read and understand. It becomes more valuable with each additional assessment, showing your progress and letting you know when significant changes occur. Your healthcare practitioner will review your report after each assessment in order to measure progress and make adjustments as necessary.
How Do I Get Started?
To get started as part of Neurofeedback training, sign up for a free consultation and baseline assessment, or if you’ve already gotten started, ask your practitioner about how to incorporate cognitive assessments into your plan.