In this challenging time with the many unanswered questions and uncertainties, it is great to know that we have resources to continue to provide therapy services to our patients. For those of you who have chosen to embark on this journey, here are some tips to having a positive telehealth experience.
Tips for a Great Telehealth Session:
- Use strong wifi or an ethernet cable
- Close unused programs or restart your computer (you may also use a smart phone or a tablet)
- Update to the latest browser version
- Assure that your camera and microphone are enabled, assure that your volume is at a comfortable level
- Have access to ear phones or ear buds for privacy
- Assure that your device if fully charged or plugged in.
- Value your therapy time. It is a sacred and private time.
- Find a quiet space where you will not be interrupted. Some people have their session sitting in their car to ensure privacy. Let everyone know that you are taking an hour to yourself and that you should not be interrupted.
- To keep background noise to a minimum, close any doors and shut any windows. Consider posting a “do not disturb” sign to avoid interruptions.
- Make yourself comfortable. Have some of your favorite things with you….a cup of tea, a pet, a soft blanket, or anything that is special to you.
Feel free to ask questions if you have any concerns about how this process works. We invite you to be curious and want to do everything that we can do to make this a seamless and positive experience for you. We are here for you! For more information about our telehealth counseling services, click here.